Yesterday after receiving my iPad I quickly reached out to my PLN for some suggestions on which apps to download. The key for me is that I will be using this device at work in concert with my administrative team during administrative walk-throughs, observations, and to take notes during meetings (I am sure some other uses will come up as I get more acclimated with the iPad). So after roughly 12 hours here is my quick list of some applications that I feel educational administrators and other educators should have on their device. I will provide a brief description of each if warranted. Also, all the apps listed below are FREE!!!
1. Evernote: Fantastic tool for notes, ideas, recordings,
2. Cloud Browse: Easily access Flash, JAVA, and Google Docs.
3. iBooks: Download and read books.
4. LinkedIn: Professional networking and contacts at your
5. Dragon Diction: Easy to use voice recognition program.
6. FeeddlerRSS: RSS reader that easily syncs with Google
7. Facebook: What better way to update the
NMHS Facebook page!
8. Dictionary & Thesaurus: Even includes word of the day!
9. The Weather Channel: Every educator should know what
the weather is going to be like each day.
10. Delicious: Access all your bookmarks quickly and easily.
11. World Book: Today in History: History information when you
12. Google Earth: Having the world in the palm of your hands
isn't a bad thing.
13. Dropbox: MUST HAVE! Easily sync/share files across computers and online
14. Infinote: Post-It-Note creation tool.
*** 13 and 14 were added thanks to Beth Swantz!
As far as Twitter apps go I have been playing around with both TweetDeck and Twitterrific. For all the Google nuts out there like me, I highly recommend going into your internet browser and adding Gpanion to your home screen (it will then show up as an icon on your apps page). Once logged in you will then have easy access to all of your Google Apps! Feel free to add to this list in the comments section.