Thursday, June 23, 2011

Curriculum 2.0

I came across this interesting video this morning entitled "Curriculum 2.0".  Check it out below:


This video, as well as the information found at the Curriculum 2.0 wiki, reinforces what I and many others believe, that technology is just one of many tools to assist in engaging students in the 21st Century.  As technology and access to information continue to evolve at a rapid pace my question is when will we see curricula in schools shift accordingly?

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting video. I think as teachers, we cannot wait until the curricula changes, but we must adjust our teaching strategies to meet the needs of the students of today. Technology must be integrated into our teaching to connect to how students live their lives. Only then will students be able to create meaning in their learning.~Ms Poulis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I've sent this to my principal and have Diigo'd it to share with my grade level colleagues in August. (I teach 4th grade.) I agree with Ms. Poulis - we need to be adjusting on our own, as much as we can, without waiting for the curriculum to change. It only makes sense that literacy, communication, and thinking skills need to be our core. Of course they do - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blogging… I can’t wait to share your video selection with my colleagues.. So happy to have found your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this video clip; I think it is a great wake up call to us teachers. I think that in order for students to become successful in today's society, they need to have a strong foundation in technology. It is up to us teachers to integrate technology into the lessons instead of waiting for it to become "mandatory."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Video really very informatinve and usefull for all of use. must have to see once. Thanks for sharing it. QMobile Noir A900 Price in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete