- Google Dictionary: View definitions as you browse the web. All you have to do is double click any word on a webpage to view it's definition.
- After the Deadline: Check spelling, grammar, and style right in your web browser.
- bit.ly: Those of us that love Twitter are well aware of this great service to shorten URL's. This extension allows you to shorten, share, and and track your links right from your browser.
- Diigo: An educator friendly social bookmarking service, this extension allows you to highlight portions of web pages, add sticky notes, archive, and bookmark. A must have for educators!
- AdBlock: By far the most popular Google Chrome extension. It blocks ads from all over the web.
- CloudMagic: This extension allows for instant searches of your Gmail, Google Docs, and contacts. You can read more about this fantastic extension here.
- Google Translate: Translate entire web pages into a language of your choosing with just one click.
- Click & Clean: This is like having a maid for your computer! Click & Clean deletes typed URL's, browsing history, Flash cookies, and other types of online activity.
- Clip to Evernote: Many educators use Evernote so it just makes sense that there is an extension to save things that you see on the web right to your account.
- RSS Subscription Extension: This extension automatically detects RSS feeds on any website you are visiting and allows you to subscribe in one easy click.
- Docs PDF/PowerPoint Viewer: Get quick, easy access to preview PowerPoint presentations, pdf's, and other types of documents. This extension eliminates downloading large files and/or launching another application to view these documents.
- Chromed Bird: An extension for all the Twitterholics out there.
- feedly xt: Transform your Google Reader and Twitter accounts into a personalized magazine.
Obviously I am just getting started with Google Chrome extensions. If you have any thoughts on the ones I have listed please share. Also, please consider adding your recommendations of other extensions the comments section so we can create a more expanded list.
I also use the Wikipedia companion for a quick search on extra information and the Vodpod extension to help with grabbing videos on-the-fly,ReplyDelete
otherwise my list is pretty much the same as yours Eric!
Thanks for sharing, Eric. Some of my favorite Chrome extensions include Shareaholic, Send to Kindle, Chromeicious, Countdown, SiteLauncher, and TooManyTabsReplyDelete
I look forward to other recommendations to come.
Can't live without Lastpass!! Use it professionally and personally.ReplyDelete
I like Web2PDF for turning webpages into PDF documents. For Web Apps you can't go past tweetdeck, im+, evernote and grooveshark :)ReplyDelete
I also use Lastpass. One of my favourites is the Google Share extension as it allows you to share the webpage via email, twitter, diigo, delicious, stumbleupon and more. Ideal if you share to a variety of places.ReplyDelete
I also have an extension for Livebinder & quietube, which is very useful for youtube videos in a primary classroom.
I didn't know about the Evernote one so will check that out.
These are great Eric. Here are some that I use in addition to the ones you mentioned:ReplyDelete
BarDeCo--QR Code Decoder and Encoder
Google Docs Documents--allows easy access to documents without having to launching Google Documents
Quick Note--a way to take notes quickly and syncs with Diigo
Facebook for Google Chrome
Awesome Screenshot--allows to capture annotate images
I love Chrome and the plethora of extensions.
Dear Eric I also use the next web browser google chrome and still now I install only 20 extensions but I collect the best extensions here http://www.scoop.it/t/bookmarkingedtools-web20educationReplyDelete
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!ReplyDelete
First, I think Chrome is the best modern browser out there. It is light, fast, and easy to use. Extensions I like are Collusion, Mentormob, Pearltrees, Delicious (moving to Diigo), Screencapture, and Diigo.
I would also suggest World Data Finder https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/world-data-finder/njemfmgdongfbepammkjllhpdlolckde as a Chrome extension that can be used by students.ReplyDelete
World Data Finder is a nice one-click assistant in fact checking, data analysis and data discovery. It lets you get relevant data and charts to almost any page you visit right away.
A user can explore data and charts in a pop-up window or get them inserted directly into the text.
Awesome article, I am a big believer in placing comments on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they have added something useful to the world wide web! QMobile Noir A36 Price in PakistanReplyDelete