monthly Principal's Report that can be viewed on the main page of our website. Even though it is simplistic from an aesthetic standpoint, this document is a powerhouse when it comes to the depth of information that it contains. Then social media came into my life. My immersion in Twitter allowed me to come to the realization that I could take my public relations plan to a whole new level. As I learned about other social media tools I began to diversify the types of information shared and how it was disseminated. The public relations plan for NMHS now looks like this:
- Principal's Report: Monthly summary of achievements and advancements that have a positive impact on teacher, learning, and school culture.
- Twitter (@NewMilfordHS): Daily updates on news, events, student achievements, staff innovations, etc. It is also another medium to distribute the Principal's Report.
- NMHS Facebook Page: Serves the same purpose as the HS Twitter account, but this tool has much more influence as many more students, parents, and alumni utilize Facebook on a daily basis.
- Flickr: Share and showcase students, staff, and events through pictures.
- YouTube and Vimeo: Share and showcase students, staff, and events through video.
- My Blog: I just love sharing in detail student and staff accomplishments. My community also enjoys reading NMHS student reflections when they guest blog on A Principal's Reflections.
How much does all of this cost me? The answer is ZERO!!!! Isn't it time to take control of your public relations? If you do I can assure you that there will be a greater sense of pride in your building and respect for the work being done on a daily basis.