Image credit: http://artfulartsyamy.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-art-of-literacy.html
These teachers have provided students with writing scaffolds and exemplars to help them achieve this goal. You can view the entire project using the links below:
- Difference in Perspective (assignment description)
- Photo Essay Linear Perspective (rubric)
- One Point Linear Perspective (example)
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.9-10.1 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources, attending to such features as the date and origin of the information.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.9-10.9 Compare and contrast treatments of the same topic in several primary and secondary sources.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.9-10.10 By the end of grade 10, read and comprehend history/social studies texts in the grades 9–10 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.WHST.9-10.1 Write arguments focused on discipline-specific content.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.WHST.9-10.1a Introduce precise claim(s), distinguish the claim(s) from alternate or opposing claims, and create an organization that establishes clear relationships among the claim(s), counterclaims, reasons, and evidence.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.WHST.9-10.1d Establish and maintain a formal style and objective tone while attending to the norms and conventions of the discipline in which they are writing.