1. Information hub (core curriculum standards, access to digital textbooks, notes, syllabus, proficiencies, etc.)
2. Access to content 24/7. Students that are absent can quickly and easily acquire missed assignments without having to ask the teacher upon their return. This is also great for students that might have missed something during class, want to work on reinforcing the material at home or when away, and to prepare for tests/quizzes.
3. Calendar of events (assignment due dates, meetings, practice/game schedules).
4. Links to printable forms, assignments, etc. Google forms can be embedded onto the sites as a self-grading quiz. Polls and questionnaires can also be included to collect useful information. View a quiz that Mr. Devereaux created using Google forms to go along with the Electricity and Magnetism Google site mentioned above here.
5. Links to supplemental resources.
6. Promote student achievements and accomplishments.