Here is a description of the conference:
As the educational landscape changes schools must transform accordingly in order to prepare all learners with the skills, tools, and knowledge to be successful in the 21st Century. This requires a shift in instructional techniques that focus on critical thinking, inquiry, problem-solving, authentic contexts, and technology. Edscape is a conference intended to bring together passionate educators who firmly believe that innovation is essential to increasing student engagement and achievement. Innovation begins with a desire to change. Edscape will provide attendees with the inspiration, strategies, and the confidence to actively pursue a transformation in teaching and learning practices. The theme of this year’s conference is “Innovation Now”. We will explore how learning environments can be established to promote critical thought, inquiry, problem solving, and creativity. Attendees will leave with a greater sense of how to authentically engage all learners through meaningful and relevant instruction. The Edscape Conference will feature presentations and workshops by innovative educators who believe that change is essential to meet the diverse needs of all learners in the 21st Century. They will share best practices, success stories, applicable strategies, and pedagogical techniques that address the following:
- Meaningful, cost-effective professional growth opportunities to improve teaching and learning.
- Effective technology integration as a means to promote student creativity, apply knowledge, and increase engagement in the classroom.
- Design of authentic learning experiences to enhance critical thought, inquiry, problem-solving, and relevancy in the classroom.
- Essential leadership practices to articulate a vision for school improvement and begin the implementation process.
Other conference highlights include the following:
- 60 concurrent sessions
- Keynote by Vicki Davis, an internationally-renowned teacher
- Presentations by educators who routinely speak and present at national conferences
- Breakfast and lunch
- Fantastic networking opportunities
- An innovation lab to see firsthand some of the latest educational technology in action